Monday 1 October 2012

Party food: Teddy Bear Biscuits

Although the Little Charley Bear birthday cake was the main baking I undertook for little one's birthday, I did work on some other little treats for the party guests.

One which will be a definite favourite for years to come has to be Jo Wheatley's Iced Biscuits. The dough is really easy to work with, and the biscuits come out not too sweet: perfect for icing.

I followed the recipe up the the point where you freeze the shaped biscuits for a short time, and open froze on silicon paper (from Lakeland, a must have in my kitchen!) before popping in a freezer bag until the day before.

The best thing about these is my little girl could help cut them out in to bears and put them on the tray, as the dough is really easy to handle.

I can see this recipe coming out for a different themed party every year, as well as when I have Jo's cookbook put on my lap with the order to: "Mummy Cook!"

No comments:

Post a Comment